<VV> Air Vair Announcement - Corvair Engine Related and perhaps more resources

Scott Morehead moreheadscott at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 18 09:52:24 EST 2013

1
Three Announcements
Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:32 pm        (PST)        . Posted by:
pat_panzera
Friends,

I have a few announcements that I’d like to get out but first let me
apologize if you get this more than once. It just means that you and I
are on more than one aviation email list together. And as per usual,
please feel free to forward this to any other groups you think might be
interested.

The first announcement is time sensitive as the campaign ends around
midnight Pacific Time tonight. CONTACT! Magazine has published a new
book in the Alternative Engine series. Volume 4 has been out for several
 months in its traditional black-and-white format, but we have a chance
to reprint it in full color since the original files were created in
color. But of course the color printing process is expensive so we
decided to do two things to soften the blow.

The first is that we are putting advertising in the book and that seems
 to be doing well. So far we have EAA, Zenith, Revmaster, Sonex/AeroVee,
 Sensenich props, Auto RSRU’s, HaasAirPower, and several others who have
 bought ad space, but we could certainly use a few more advertisers. The
 ad space is cheap and prices can be found on the link shown two
paragraphs below.

Second, we’ve started a crowd-funding campaign so that anyone can help,
 and in return, receive some pretty nice perks. For example, we’ve
created a special CONTACT! Magazine ball cap for contributors, as well
as a limited edition hard-bound version of the book, of which only 100
will be printed. Each one will be signed and numbered.

So please click the link and see if there is anything of interest on
the page that might spur you along to help us get this awesome book
published. This is also where you can sign up for an ad.
http://www.indiegog o.com/ projects/alternativ e-engines-
volume-4-color- version http://www.indiegog o.com/projects/ alternative-
 engines-volume- 4-color-version

The next announcement is that CONTACT! Magazine has a Facebook page
that’s taking on a life of its own. We've been able to post some pretty
interesting experimental aviation stuff there on a very regular basis.
So if you just can’t get enough of what’s cool about building planes (or
 other things that turn dead dinosaurs into fun!) from your regular
sources, check us out at
www.facebook. com/www. CONTACTMagazine http://www.facebook .com/www. CONTACTMagazine

We also host an Electric Aircraft Facebook page:

https://www. facebook. com/ ElectricAircraft https://www. facebook. com/ElectricAirc raft

And the last announcement is sort of a last call for KITPLANES
magazine’s Alternative Engine Buyer’s guide. For the fourth year in a
row they've asked me to compile the list of turn-key alternative
aircraft engine suppliers and to write an accompanying article. The
following is a list of all that will be included in the 2014 guide. I’d
like to ask you to look it over and let me know if I missed anyone.

By definition, the list should include only those engines that were
originally meant for non-aviation purposes, which have since been
commercially converted for aviation use. Engines such as those that came
 out of an automobile, motorcycle, lawn mower or any other non-aviation
application, including APU and GPU is what we’re after.  Engines such as
 Jabiru, UL, Hexadyne, Mistral, RotaMax, or other engines that came off
the assembly line, ready to install in an aircraft should not be
included.

So please look over this list and let me know if I forgot someone.

Thank you!!!

Patrick Panzera
Editor at ContactMagaz ine.com mailto:Editor at ContactMagaz ine.com

Alternative Engines for the 2014 KITPLANES buyer’s guide.

AeroConversions
Oshkosh, WI
Volkswagen

Air Trikes
St. Lazare Quebec Canada
Geo/Suzuki, Honda Fit
BMW, Subaru

Atkins Rotary
Puyallup, WA
Rotary

Auto PSRU’s formerly Geared Drives
Fort Worth, TX
General Motors, Subaru

Autoflight
Eureka, Waikato, New Zealand
Subaru and others

EPI Inc. Expertise + Integrity = Performance
Amboy, WA
General Motors, Ford, Jaguar, new “clean sheet” EPI V12

FlyCorvair.com
Orange Park, FL
Corvair

Firewall Forward
Ontario, Canada
Honda VTEC, GM

Great Plains Aircraft Supply
Bennington, NE
Volkswagen

HaasPowerAir
Jackson, WY
Ford

Hummel Engines
Coolidge, AZ
Volkswagen

Moteur Avance Mega, Inc. (Marcotte)
Ste-Genevieve- de-Batiscan Quebec Canada
Subaru and Others

RAM Performance
Blackstock, SC
Subaru