<VV> Non-Corvair Specific: Gas freezing?

J. R. Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 23 23:14:13 EST 2013

I believe the issue is not gas freezing but is moisture in the tank
condensing and getting to a low point in the fuel line where it (the water
which is heavier than gas) can turn to ice and block the fuel line.  The
idea behind keeping the tank full of gas would be to leave less space in the
tank for moisture (water) to accumulate.  I don't have a clue if this is or
was correct, but it would seem to me that most (all probably) tanks are now
non-vented  on modern cars and the issue would no longer exist regardless
off how full (or empty) the tank might be at the moment.

This post will likely upset Smitty since it is not based on actual
experience.

Later, JR