<VV> Newest Corvair model?

Patrick Murphy litetrix at aol.com
Tue Dec 24 06:02:28 EST 2013

 Gotta get me one of these!

http://cars.oodle.com/detail/1977-chevrolet-corvair-w-t-tops/3567141041-quakertown-pa/?cm_mmc=email_alert-_-www-_-vehicle-_-2

-----Original Message-----
From: Frank DuVal &lt;corvairduval at cox.net&gt;
To: virtualvairs &lt;virtualvairs at corvair.org&gt;
Sent: Tue, Dec 24, 2013 12:45 am
Subject: Re: &lt;VV&gt; Non-Corvair Specific: Gas freezing?

You are correct  that that is the common wisdom for years now.

I just add alcohol (Heet, Dry Gas, etc) to the tank and drive on.

Of course now that we run 10% ethanol, maybe I don't nee the methyl or
what ever added....

If gasoline actually freezes, dress very warm!

Diesel, now that will gel at surprisingly high temperatures. I found
that diesel without additives would start to gel at about 16 °F when I
was driving at 55 (ha!) mph. All the trucks beside me were also blowing
white smoke, so we were all in the same boat. Twice I had to get off the
interstate and add a gallon of unleaded to the tank to continue driving
at speed when a cold snap surprised me. Not a recommended additive, but
it worked!

One should run some anti gel in diesel if the temp is regularly below 20
°F or so. Maybe diesel sold up north already has something in it.

Frank DuVal