<VV> Tire size vs air pressure survey

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Mon Dec 30 20:53:49 EST 2013

In reality, there are only two problems with tire pressures and Corvairs.
First, you must run sufficient rear pressures to carry the increased load
that  the rear-engined car imparts on the tires. Second, the front tires are
so  lightly loaded (dependent on tire size) that it is possible to run too
much air  in the front tires, resulting in the reduction of the contact patch
to the road,  and resultant poor front traction. Life with the Corvair tire,
whether for  street use or racing, is a constant search for enough, but not
too much,  pressure - usually at both ends of the car at once! With
properly sized radial  tires, I have been happy with 24 in the front and 32 in the
back. It is a  good balance between ride and wear.  Front pressures  are
subject to change if trunk is filled up.

- Seth

In a message dated 12/30/2013 5:27:57 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,