<VV> Steering woes cont.

James Cuneo jamescuneo at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 31 14:14:05 EST 2013

Mike, Tire pressure aside, I plan when able to remove front suspension and fuel tank and inspect thoroughly.Thanks to all, Happy New Year,Jim

Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 10:54:20 -0700
Subject: Re: <VV> Steering woes cont.
From: vair65 at sisna.com
To: jamescuneo at hotmail.com

jim-it's the ratio that counts not the actual pressure. if 12# (very low) works for you then so be it but would suggest trying 22# or so in the rear and see how that works. on my 65 corsa i had 205 & 225x60x14 tires on 7" wide rims wirh a factory qs box and arms and a much smaller diameter momo steering wheel and it was like driving a truck (without power steering) at slow speeds but at 75-80 it was just right. another trade off. none of the above will cause (nor cure) your problem of frame flex in the steering box area. i have never seen it but it's conceivable that rust has attacked that area allowing the metal to weaken and thus the flex that you mentioned in the first place. NEEDS TO BE FIXED-mike mann