<VV> NECC CORVAIR OLYMPICS 2013 JUNE 20-21-22

Allan Lacki redbat01 at verizon.net
Sun Feb 3 07:37:02 EST 2013

NECC CORVAIR OLYMPICS 2013 JUNE 20-21-22

Join us for three days of high performance driving at facilities located
around historic Danville, Virginia.

DAY 1: ROAD COURSE! Thursday, June 20, 2013: High-Speed Track Day at
Virginia International Raceway (VIR).

Recently chosen as one of Car & Driver’s Top six tracks in the nation,
and described by Top Gear UK as “world class,” VIR is a multi-purpose
road racing facility. We'll be running on VIR's 1.65-mile South Course,
with challenging twists, dramatic elevation changes, and the historic
Oak Tree corner! Open lapping sessions all morning with individual timed
laps in the afternoon. For those who may not have tried a track day
previously, we will be offering our introductory Taste of the Track
program, too.

DAY 2: DRAG RACING! Friday, June 21, 2013: Drag Racing at Roxboro
Motorsports Dragway.

Roxboro Motorsports Dragway is a 1/8-mile IHRA dragstrip with a 50-year
history and newly refurbished facilities with all the amenities you
would expect of a first-class facility. We’ll be offering both bracket
racing and head-to-head drags.

DAY 3: AUTOCROSS! Saturday, June 22, 2013: Autocross at Danville, Virginia.

We're currently working with the SCCA to secure the right site for the
autocross, and once all the details are locked in we’ll make the
announcement. Autocross is challenging for experienced drivers and
first-timers alike, and no special equipment is needed other than a helmet.

What Kind of Car Can I Bring?

You'll see some of the nation's fastest race-prepared Corvairs at this
event, including Yenko Stingers, V8 Corvairs, and other rear-engine
creations. But you don't need a Corvair, and you don't need a race car.
We conduct the Corvair Olympics so that everybody gets plenty of track
time, no matter what kind of car you register. Our only restriction is
that your entry passes tech inspection. Among other things, all cars
need shoulder belts or harnesses and all drivers need to wear a Snell
2005 or better helmet.

Do I have to enter all three events?

You may enter one, two or all three of the scheduled events. We’ll be
offering a special discounted rate for all three, but you are free to
pick and choose.

Rules and Requirements:

Tech inspection and driver rules are post on the NECC website.
www.neccmotorsports.com

Registration, Lodging, and Trailer Parking:

Details regarding our host hotel, trailer parking, registration fees,
and more will be posted on our website as soon as they are confirmed.
www.neccmotorsports.com

Mark your calendars, make your plans, and check back often on the NECC
website for news and updates! www.neccmotorsports.com