<VV> What's it worth

Smitty vairologist at cox.net
Tue Feb 5 12:11:24 EST 2013

Saw a late model Mona at a swap meet. Had a 140, 4 speed, and factory air,
white with black interior. Engine was seized, needed work on the right front
fender and left quarter, but no real rust. What was it worth?
Smitty Says;  Half the people on the list will disagree with me but their
opinions don't count.  Car cost $2,000,  Body work, interior and paint,
$2,000.  Engine rebuild, $3,500 for parts and machine work (if you do it
yourself).  That's $7,500 and you will have a car that looks and drives
good.  Then you can start on the safety items.  $300 will put new shoes,
lines, and hoses on it.  Tires $400 if you are lucky.  We are up to $8200
and we hope the ball joints and rear bearings are good along with the
suspension bushings, windshield wiper motor and fan motor. But it will be a
great car and you will really enjoy it.