<VV> corsa head temp sender checking

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 7 19:09:15 EST 2013

 I assume the Cyl head temp sender is made to allow the 12V to go to ground as
the temp rises.  Does this mean that at no headtempthere is no 12V flowing
through and as the cyl temp goes up, the gage responds with the increased
voltage therefore moving the head temp gage?

 Bottom line, engine is out and I want to check the sender. How to do this on
the bench?  I know the gage is not very accurate, but I should read higher then
200 at highway cruise, also the darn thing some drops off very quickly. I don't
trust it.
 MIKE KOVACS