<VV> [fastvair] corsa head temp sender checking

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Thu Feb 7 22:28:06 EST 2013

 I assume the Cyl head temp sender is made to allow the 12V to go to ground as the temp rises.  Does this mean that at no head temp there is no 12V flowing through and as the cyl temp goes up, the gage responds with the increased voltage therefore moving the head temp gage?

 Bottom line, engine is out and I want to check the sender. How to do this on the bench?  I know the gage is not very accurate, but I should read higher then 200 at highway cruise, also the darn thing some drops off very quickly. I don't trust it.

MIKE KOVACS

 Works by resistance.. and backwards from all other gauges out there!!  "Thermister!!"  Resistance goes lower as temp increases...

I believe the chart is in the Tech Guide??  Also in my T/S  guide!

Here's how to T/S  the whole system... from my Techpages...

http://autoxer.skiblack.com/nallm/therm.htm

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Corvair-Patio