<VV> Turbo fuel consumption problem

kevin nash wrokit at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 14 01:15:58 EST 2013

Grant- I think your friend needs to check that the odometer is still working correctly- 4-5 miles per gallon in a boosted corvair engine is just so silly rich he should be foulingplugs, and running waay rough. Many moons ago I was running a 45dcoe weber and was having a problem with pinging right before boost- so I did everything I could possiblythink of to richen the mixture under low vaccum conditions (right before boost)- this, of course, fattens the mixture waay too much at all other times- I was getting around 12-14miles per gallon with that set-up, and I was fouling alot of plugs. It was still not rich enough to run rough. Your friend has more than double the fuel consumption that my way too richcar had and is still not rich enough to run rough?? Something doesnt sound quite right there! I was boosting it everyday to try and keep the carbon deposits down. I did find that my odometer stopped working a short while after that!Kevin Nash