<VV> need advice on 62/63 rear wheel bearing (and axle) swap.

Ramon Rodriguez III corvairgrymm at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 15:55:18 EST 2013

Hi guys,  I'm putting together my 62 coupe for Missy in the next few months
and have a little problem.

My 62 is missing one axle and wheel bearing in the rear.  The other side
has a very good regreased bearing.  I'm parting out my 63 coupe to put the
62 together because the 63 is VERY rusty underneath.  The 63 has decent
wheel bearings I regreased.

Can I swap out some of the suspension parts from the 63 to the 62 so I can
use the 63 bearing/axle assemblies?  If not that, can I swap the entire
rear suspension over (if it isn't too rusty)?

If neither of  those will work I'll be looking for a 62 type rear axle with
used bearing I can clean and re-grease.  I don't even have a core for
getting a Clark's rebuilt unit and really don't want to spend that much on
this car anyway.

Thanks!

Ray Rodriguez III