<VV> Corvair engine on Harbor Freight engine stand ?

Charlie chaz at properproper.com
Mon Feb 18 19:12:16 EST 2013

Hi guys,

Is the Corvair engine safe to "hang" on an engine stand?

I bought the Harbor Freight engine stand
(www.harborfreight.com/750-lb-capacity-engine-stand-32915.html) and just
wondering if the aluminum bell housing will support the engine hanging off
it?

It was quite a trick getting it up high enough to mount it, too, but it
beats working on the driveway!

Back to work on my lifelong 1967 Monza project!
www.yourbuyersinn.com/Cars/Corvair/1967MonzaRestorationMenu.htm

No new pix yet, but here's what I have so far - you might say I have a
"reverse Midas" touch with this car, so who knows what the future holds?

I'll keep you posted so you can egg me on ;>}~!

Charlie