<VV> Oil Filters

Philip Hack phack126 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 12:52:50 EST 2013

I'm finshing up a complete overhaul of my rampside engine and am wondering
what oil filter I should use.  I purchased the new type from a well known
supplier and they substituted their original old style.  I purchased a Fram
PH4 and discovered that the inner seal doesn't make up, thus allowing for
complete bypass of the filter.  Even removing the heavy outer seal from the
PH4 doesn't allow the inner seal to make contact.  Perhaps this is why I
found so much debris on my bearings.  Thanks!

Phil
'62 rampside w/ '64 110 engine