<VV> How tall is a van or ramp side?

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sat Feb 23 23:26:33 EST 2013

That seems short. I see in the picture it is short.

IIRC, the SAE papers said they kept the roof low so it would fit in a
typical residential garage of 1960. It seems those 75" VW vans hit some
garage doors. Note the Dodge A100 and Econoline vans are 78" tall.

According to this web page:
http://www.corvair.org/chapters/corvanatics/otherFCs.php

70" is the height. Maybe 1 to 2" taller than Danny's picture shows. This
could be due to lower profile tires than they had in 1961, and a lot of
people cut the front springs so the truck looks level instead of
"launching" into the air as they did originally.

So, unless you are planning a garage on the side of a Hobbit house, you
should be able to park your FCs just fine!

Frank DuVal