<VV> Disappearing Exhaust Packings

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Sun Feb 24 14:40:05 EST 2013

John,

They were Clark's graphite which I prefer to asbestos as it isn't a
carcinogen. After the first set "went away" I used a beveled grinder wheel to
thoroughly clean both the manifold to exhaust mating surface and the stack to
manifold surfaces on the manifold and installed replacement graphite
packings.  I meant to ask this in 2011.  So far no leaks.

Bob

In a message dated 2/24/2013 2:34:28 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,