<VV> FC front suspension

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Mon Feb 25 23:15:53 EST 2013

I am considering installing dropped spindles on my '63 Rampside to
lower the front end to get rid of the nose high attitude.  The shop
manual says the FC front end is essentially the same as the 1000
series passenger  car.  What is the 1000 series passenger car?  Is it
the full sized Chevy or the  Chevy !!? Anyone know what year (s) Chevy
spindles will work?

Bob Brought

Joel Rushworth of Victoria, BC.  Wrote:
> The FC front spindles are almost identical to that
> of the Tri-5 Chevy's. It's why I was able
> basically bolt in a 2" drop spindle for the Tri-5.
> The only necessary modification was the lower
> ball joint hole for the FC is larger. The 60+
> chev car front spindle is about 2-3" taller than
> the FC unit.

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Corvair-Patio