<VV> pg leak solved??

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 1 11:05:15 EST 2013

 After determining that the PG leak was not the pan/gasket/gland nut etc. I
decided to to a better job of observation. I noticed that there was a a few
drops of ATF on the lower suspension arm bracket attached to the differential.
Should not be there! I then decided to check the flange (loosely described)
between the PG and the Diff. I had used a new gasket, so it should not leak
unless....

 I put the 1/2" box end wrench on the 4 bolts, and sure enough one was not
tight. I say about 90 degrees loose before getting it tight. The other three
only tightened about 30 degrees. No room to get the torque wrench in there.

 I ran the engine for about 20 min yesterday and checked for a leak this
morning. It is not leaking!! Due diligence sometimes is the only answer.

 Thanks for all the advice.
MIKE KOVACS