<VV> Autoweek article

ricebugg at comcast.net ricebugg at comcast.net
Wed Jan 2 13:58:58 EST 2013

Don Kline is a close friend of John.  He often traveled with John as he got older and unable to manage airports.   He was in fact "minding" John at the VSCDA's fall vintage event at Road America back in 2011.  (IIRC the date.)  I did a article about him being there.  Don had got hisownself hooked into being a judge in the car show, so I became John's "minder" for the afternoon.  Interesting afternoon.  Never to be forgotten.  John and Don did a semi-commedy routine at the evening banquet.

But I cannot account for the carb or engine info in the article, which I actually did not notice when I read it after I got my Autoweek a couple weeks ago.   There were and are certainly plenty of people Don could have asked, if he didn't think he knew.

Don also wrote Autoweek's Obit article about John.  Maybe the tears in his eyes got in the way....

Historically Yours
						James Rice

Message: 2