<VV> Tire Advice

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 13:22:56 EST 2013

Brian, since tire brands vary from different parts of the country, other
than the major brands, you should take the time to study the treadwear
ratings of the tires you have available to you, and get the best tire for
your driving conditions. A name brand tire may not give you the durability
you want. I know when I was researching my last set of Corvair tires, (this
is when you had a choice of several brands) I got the tires with the best
treadwear ratings I could find. See this web site:

http://www.safercar.gov/Vehicle+Shoppers/Tires/Tires+Rating

Generally speaking, the higher the treadwear number on the side of the
tire, the longer the tire will wear.

Major tire suppliers, like Discount Tire, tire Rack, etc., also provide
this free information

Mark Durham