<VV> Front suspension update

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Fri Jan 11 15:53:50 EST 2013

Bear in mind that converting to late brakes and spindles makes the track wider
and requires 5 lug wheels.  Since I have wheels that fit and rebuilt brakes, I
wanted to keep the early brakes and spindles.  So, my new hybrid suspension will
retain the stock '62 upper control arms, spindles, brake reaction rods, and
brakes.  The cross member, lower control arms, shocks, and sway bar are late
model parts.  Next weekend I'll refurb the lower control arms and sway bar
mounts, then install them loosely onto the crossmember.  I still need to put
some thought into shocks, but for the time being I'll put some stock LM shocks
on so I can try it out and get an initial feel for the new setup.

--Bryan

 Pictures will be nice as you finish the last steps....

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Corvair-Patio

http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages