<VV> 4 Speed or not???

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Sat Jan 12 19:18:37 EST 2013

Hi - how do I confirm that I have a 4 speed trans? My car came with a 3 speed
and I bought a 4 speed trans from a private party.

The marking on the case say GM 3; in big large letters and below is the serial #
of 3859954.  Is this a 4 speed trans as I was told. Engine and trans out of the
car. I am just concerned why is says GM 3? Where can I can a list of serial or
case numbers?

Thanks.

 you forgot to say WHAT YEAR!!!  5 different trans  over 10 years...

 If the sheet metal cover is on top  3 speed  for 60-65 .... on the side  4 speed.

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Corvair-Patio

http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages