<VV> Fw: Convention Reservation problems

Ryan Counterman vairking at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 14 14:10:55 EST 2013

Guys, the host hotel and the Holiday Inn are both booked solid.  The fact that you can pay full retail price for a corporate reserved room at the host hotel is beyond our control.  The call center (located who knows where) that the hotel uses to sell and book rooms has one job.  Sell rooms.  If they show corporate rooms available they are going to try to sell them.  If you booked at the Sheridan and payed more than $99/night I urge you to cancel your room and stay at the Best Western.  Its only a few hundred feet away and I believe it is only $93/ night.   There is also a Red Roof Inn across the street (not a busy street I might add) that is significantly cheaper than that.  We will make a note for future convention planners, when booking an entire hotel, get the entire hotel.  Screw the corporate accounts!  This is easy to do when negotiating contracts, but impossible to do now.  We look forward to seeing you all in a few months!

Ryan Counterman
Co-Chair 2013 CORSA Convention "A Vairiation in Kalamazoo"
President - West Michigan Corvair Club