<VV> Nader's [sic] VW book; Was: <Aarrgghh!!> Autoweek ~ "ill-handling Corvair" -

wrsssatty at aol.com wrsssatty at aol.com
Tue Jan 22 09:59:38 EST 2013

I assume the reference is to "Small-On Safety".  However, that book was not written by Ralph Nader.  He only wrote the introduction.  The complete title of the book is "Small-On Safety The Designed-in Dangers of the Volkswagen".  The Center for Auto Safety is credited as the author.  The Center for Auto Safety was founded in 1970 by Consumers Union and Ralph Nader.  So, the book was not written by Ralph Nader but by some of his minions who were known at the time as "Nader's Raiders", an overworked, underpaid group of freshly minted, idealistic attorneys.

~Bill Stanley

<The only book our favorite "ambulance chaser" wrote on an ill handling car was
on the Volkswagen. The book he wrote titled "Unsafe at any speed" had 1 chapter
about the early model Corvair and that chapter was proven to be fiction by the
US Congress (actually by the NHTSA). There was never a book written on the "ill
handling Corvair". >