<VV> Car & Driver 10 Best Worst List; Autoweek ~ "ill-handling"

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Tue Jan 22 19:51:36 EST 2013

Uh - no. The 10 "regrets" list refers to any "automotive" award - Several
on the list were Motor Trend "Car of the Year" winners, not Car & Driver
awards. They could have picked the 1960 Motor Trend Car of the Year - But they
 didn't! I have enjoyed various C&Ds over the years, probably subscribing a
 few times, for a few years at a time. When Road & Track and Car & Drive
used to compete - Now they are owned by the same company - Each magazine
used to zing the other one, as well as themselves. I remember "Carp &  Drivel"
and "Rod & Truck" parody issues. The best issue, sometimes is where  the
magazine gets conned - Like the Pontiac GTO that Pontiac lent them for  a test
(the one with the 421 HO motor).  Today my Road & Track arrived.  It had a
special offer to R&T readers to add Car and Driver. Somewhere,  John Bond is
spinning in his grave.  - Seth Emerson

In a message dated 1/22/2013 3:34:40 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,