<VV> "thrill-handling Corvair"--Me Too Post--Sort of

Dave Keillor dkeillor at tconcepts.com
Wed Jan 23 12:06:22 EST 2013

Bob, I must confess that I did put a brand new '70 GTO into a guardrail on
a cloverleaf.  He had been tailgating about 2 feet off my bumper as if to
say, "Get out of the way, stupid Corvair."  I knew the cloverleaf and it
had a radius that tightened at the top.  I could exit at about 55 and he
discovered that he could not (yes, it was a "he").  I had (have) the F41
suspension on my '69 Corvair and found that 70-series, 15-inch Goodyear
Polyglas tires provided the best cornering control -- much better than the
radials of the day.

Dave