<VV> "Thrill-handling Corvair" at the limit

hihal6 at gmail.com hihal6 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 22:02:59 EST 2013

Corvairs were great snow cars but they had a couple quirks too!
I remember driving from Detroit to Columbus OH on a snowy day in 1969. The
temp was slightly above freezing in Michigan but dropped fast south of
Toledo. The slush that had built up in the front wheel wells froze around
the tires leaving my Corsa with almost no steering capability. That was one
time when a front engine with its heat would have been welcome.

Wade Halsey (haven't driven Corvairs in snow in decades)

*