<VV> "Thrill-handling Corvair" at the limit

Ken Pepke kenpepke at juno.com
Thu Jan 24 11:19:10 EST 2013

This one reminds me of a day I left GM Central Offices in Warren and headed down Van Dyke on my way home.  It was a very snowy day and somewhere south of 8 Mile Rd. I was passed on my right by a Firebird.  I was going about 25 and he must have been doing 30 to 35.  I glanced over and noticed two things; he was relaxed, leaning back, chomping on a cigar AND his left front wheel was not turning!

I had to tap on my brakes to see if my Corvair front wheels were turning :-)

Ken P
Wyandotte, MI
65 Monza 110hp 4 speed 2 door
Worry looks around; Sorry looks back, Faith looks up.