<VV> Oversteer?

Joel McGregor joel at joelsplace.com
Thu Jan 24 11:24:52 EST 2013

If it's holding the line without correction it is neither under or oversteering.  If the steering wheel is held in a fixed position an understeering condition would cause a larger radius while an oversteering condition would attempt to cause a shorter radius but would spin instead without steering correction in the opposite direction.  If the car doesn't have the power to go fast enough in the test then you have to use a smaller circle to obtain the result you are testing for.
All steering wheels are held to the left in a left hand turn when you are running slower than the available traction allows.  I do have to turn right to start making the turn into my driveway although part way through the turn I am turning the wheel left. (when the car starts oversteering)
Joel McGregor