<VV> Corvair Monza SS mention & Corvettes

Taruffi57 at aol.com Taruffi57 at aol.com
Sat Jan 26 12:50:58 EST 2013

I'll agree with most of that writer's assessment of Corvettes - beginning
in 1968.  Too big & bulbous in 1968.  Too plain and uninspiring in  the next
itteration. (my best buddy bought a new 1984 - which incidentally,  rode
like a truck).  '97's were plain in their styling, too long, and  looked like
a "stretch" sports car.  Thankfully, there were improvements in  styling,
and the car seemed to have been shortened with the '05  model.  Probably the
best styling since 1967.  But still way behind in  trend - compared to most
European exotics.  As for the 2014, I see a lot of  the current Camaro -
especially the flat topped rear fenders and tail of the  car.  Isn't it
considered a step down when you copy a lesser car's  looks?  Also too many
knife-edged cues.  Dual spoked rims are also old  hat.  Example:  The base "C" class
Mercedes had them in '02, and every  other manufacturer has equipped at
least one of their models with them to this  day.  But I have to say that I
think the current Camaro and Dodge  Challengers look like big overweight,
slab-sided bricks anyway.

Keep in mind here, that these comments are about styling.

Now if GM had only built a 2 seater '66 CORSA with about a foot out of  the
length and 2-1/2 inches out of the width and a real 180 HP, I  think there
would be a lot of us who would have those prizes stashed - and  coveted, in
our garages.

Hey, its' winter time......no racing & no football.  I was  bored.......

Joe Dunlap
Oxford, Fl.