<VV> K&N dirt/air vs oil filters

Joel McGregor joel at joelsplace.com
Wed Jan 30 16:47:07 EST 2013

I always used K&N's oil.

Fresh oil has contaminate particles in it.  When oil is analyzed I would assume they have to ignore particles below a certain size unless the analysis is dealing with a molecular level.  Do they use electron microscopes?  I guess you could run a paper filter wrapped in a oiled foam filter breathing through an oil bath filter to keep as much out as possible.  You should probably use some kind of electrostatic filter and some magnets too just to be safe.  :-)

Joel McGregor
From: hallgrenn at aol.com [hallgrenn at aol.com]
Subject: Re: <VV> K&N dirt/air vs oil filters

Joel,

I read all particles are damaging as at least at some point they will be between two metal surfaces (not including the surfaces served by pressurized oil).  Not to be a fanatic, but every partical you can stop is one less point of wear.   I kept changing the filters in the Chevy (and every car since).

Bob