<VV> Transmission won't shift into 3/4

kevin nash wrokit at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 1 00:54:05 EDT 2013

Dave- I had a similar thing happen a few years ago- I don't recall which set of gears was effected, but either the 1/2 shift
or the 3/4 shift was locked up solid- It turned out to be that the affected selector shaft was installed upside down (by me, of course!). After removing the tranny, popping out the drift pin on the stuck shift fork, then rotating the selector shaft 180 degrees and then re-installing the drift pin, the tranny shifted just fine in all gears.  And it only took 3.5 hrs to get the engine back into the
car!!
Kevin Nash 63 Turbo, daily driver 64/65 tranny