<VV> After market oil pans & valve covers

Ramon Rodriguez III corvairgrymm at gmail.com
Sat Jun 1 11:48:04 EDT 2013

I should have mentioned that autocross, occasional time trials, and lots of
street driving are my intended use.

Ok so the cooling effect is negligible apparently.  Does this mean that the
finned valve covers are basically just for looks (and under the car!) or
are they still worthwhile somehow?  This makes me start thinking I should
consider selling my aluminum valve covers to buy more useful stuff like a
big oil cooler, suspension bushings, sway bars, or maybe an MSD ignition.

I recall at least some of my aluminum oil pans having some baffling, if
nobody knows which have the best baffling (or if there is a better cheaper
solution for baffles, I'll have to check my books, and Seth's new book!)
I'll have to take a look at the ones I have.  I have an Otto oil pan and a
Clarks oil pan, no Offy.

I've got a set of Offy valve covers on my red car, I think they are in
excellent condition but I'd have to remove, inspect, and photograph them
before I could sell them.  I might test the waters on ebay to see if I can
get a good price for them since they are not readily available.

Ray R.
Certifiable Vair Nut