<VV> role reversal (little Corvair)

Ramon Rodriguez III corvairgrymm at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 14:50:41 EDT 2013

So on the way home just now (driving the 63 Monza coupe) I spotted a 67
Camaro parked near the mail boxes.  I beeped the horn and waved as I went
by and the driver flagged me down.  It turned out he needed a half inch
wrench which I was able to provide.

The reason he needed rescuing? A thrown belt!  Even better my Corvair belt
knowledge helped him out as well.  When he reinstalled the belt and started
the engine it flipped right back off again.  The gentleman stood there not
knowing what to do next so I asked him if he cranked that belt on really
tight.... "sure did!" he replied =)

I went over and set the belt just  a smidge tighter than I do on my
Corvairs... so I could just barely turn the alternator pulley with one
finger.  He fired it up, the belt stayed on, and he drove home (just a mile
or two away) =)  I made sure to mention that a belt that has been once
shouldn't be trusted.

Ray Rodriguez III
Certifiable Vair Nut
Junior Corvair Historian