<VV> Finned oil pan/ valve covers brand?

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 21:56:33 EDT 2013

Oil cooling in pans and valve covers happens because the oil flows
around/across the internal fins, which are cooled by air flowing past
the outside fins. It is as simple as that. I use Clarks valve covers
and eventually will get the matching pan. I think the way the outside
fins are oriented, they will allow for more airflow and therefore carry
away more heat. I have heard of taking 20 degrees off oil temp with
both pan and covers installed.
Granted, they are not necessary for normal driving, but will help in
severe duty or high temp situations.
Mark Durham.

Sent from my Windows Phone