<VV> Streetable Test Mule> Powerglide Transmission & Manual Transquick change

corvairduval at cox.net corvairduval at cox.net
Wed Jun 5 13:56:50 EDT 2013

You would need to install the body mount for the clutch cross shaft. As
long as this does not interfere with the PG, then leave it mounted all the
time.

Now, you will need the rare 67 to 69 clutch/brake pedal assembly. Mount
this in the car and leave it, along with the pulleys and cable. I say rare,
because I loaned out my 69 clutch pedal to a guy doing a 4 speed install
into a 67, and he has NEVER found one to give back to me to reinstall into
my car. I guess I'm too easy a mark....

When swapping drivetrains, I see no reason to remove the clutch parts. The
clutch pedal should stay on the floor when driving the PowerGlide, since
there is no spring to pull it back up. Leave the PowerGlide shifter in N so
the car will start, even when using the 4 speed. If you want reverse
lights, just put the PowerGlide selector in R.

Now if I had a clutch pedal, you could just borrow my 69 to test engines!

Remember, the 60 automatics had the small brake pedal, just like the
manuals.

Frank DuVal

Original email: