<VV> Shroud Numbering! new ultimate statement

corvairduval at cox.net corvairduval at cox.net
Wed Jun 5 14:33:58 EDT 2013

I may have overstated my case. Anytime I use words that are absolute, like
"no where on a Corvair should..." I am corrected!

In my defense, I currently have been working on late models with the fan
area belt guide. These shrouds do NOT have 3 on them! They also do not have
1 or 2. Just the big numbers 4 , 5 , and 6 are stamped into them. Just like
this one: ebay item # 181149075650.

I am sure somewhere a part number is stamped into sheetmetal that has both
a 3 and a 4 in the number.

My corrected statement:

"No where on  Corvair sheet metal shroud parts should cylinder numbers 3
and 4 be side by side."

I shall be going through my top shroud stack to see when the 3 dissapeared,
if it ever was there.

Frank DuVal

Original email: