<VV> VV Helmets for CORSA Autocross

P.H. Raker n556p at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 18 21:10:42 EDT 2013

Chuck Sadek wrote:
Make sure it is meets SF 2010 specs..that is newest and will be good for ten years. A 2005 is still accepted however. When 2015's come out, racing orgs will update requirements. 2005's won't be legal for road racing. Trck days? I dont' know. Autocross, Warren or someone will chime in.

     Since I haven't seen any other responses, I'll add that the CORSA Autocross Rules (version 6) state:
6.7  Helmets:  Safety helmets must be worn by all drivers or passengers at all times when on the course.  Helmets must bear a 15 years from current date or later M or SA Snell foundation or a DOT approval sticker.  Pre-event publicity shall announce the availability of any loaner helmets.

I guess that means that for autocross, a 2000 Snell Foundation or DOT sticker is still acceptable.

I haven't seen anything yet about loaner helmets for this year's autocross event.  It might be wise to have your own.

Hope to see you in Kalamazoo!

Phil Raker
'65 Corsa Cpe - 140/4
'63 Greenbrier - 95/4