<VV> LM Corvair on Mythbusters

Jay Maechtlen jaysplace at laserpubs.com
Fri Jun 21 02:46:53 EDT 2013

On 6/20/2013 8:37 PM, J. R. Read wrote:
> Maybe on a straight ahead stop, but don't try it in a turn unless you WANT the rear end to try to get ahead of the front end so that you can go back to where you just came from.
>
> Later, JR
>
> --- On Thu, 6/20/13, Matt Nall <patiomatt at aol.com> wrote:
if 'only' the rears are trying to stop, you should stay pretty straight.
It is only when all four are braking and the rears lock that it wants to
spin.

I wouldn't be surprised if the 'Vair would go straight anyhow, as the
rears have such a weight bias that they might have more retarding force
sliding than the fronts at max effort/almost sliding.

--
Jay Maechtlen