<VV> LM Corvair on Mythbusters (Maybe Not .... )

RoboMan91324 at aol.com RoboMan91324 at aol.com
Fri Jun 21 15:04:22 EDT 2013

Everyone,

I was talking about this topic with another Corvair owner and  he mentioned
that we may not want Mythbusters to run a test on a Corvair.   The
Mythbusters crew might actually flip a Corvair.  In fact, on further  thought, I
think they probably will flip a Corvair.  They truly love to  create mayhem
both because they love to do so (It's a guy thing.) as well as for  the
ratings.  When they can't confirm a myth that predicts destruction,  they generally
increase the destructive force or effect beyond reasonable levels  until
they create failure in an awesome display.  Perhaps we don't want  them doing
this with our cars and confirming Ralphie's contention to the  public.  All
they need to do is improperly inflate the tires and over it  goes.  For this
reason, I withdraw my suggestion that anyone write in to  the Mythbusters
web site and request a test on our Corvairs.

Doc

1960 Corvette, 1961 Rampside, 1962 Rampside, 1964 Spyder  coupe, 1965
Greenbrier, 1966 Canadian Corsa turbo coupe, 1967 Nova SS, 1968  Camaro ragtop

In a message dated 6/21/2013 11:34:03 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,