<VV> Yenko Story

ohareck at aol.com ohareck at aol.com
Sat Jun 22 14:12:16 EDT 2013

Our neighborhood held a garage sale this morning and I had an interesting conversation with a man named Richard ( did not get the last name).  As he approached our garage and saw the Rampside , he immediately began to tell me about a 1966 Yenko Stinger that he bought new from Don Yenko.  He said Donna Mae Mims
wanted it and wanted it painted Pink, but Don sold that one to him instead of painting it.  He said it was a stage IV and he drag raced it locally and was in the 13's with it. He said he knew Don well because his mother was a customer of the dealership and friend of the family. I asked him what number it was and he could not remember. But his story sounded believable. He said he was young and dumb at the time and sold it.  Charlie (Pittsburgh)