<VV> Installing gas tank

Frank 64monzaconv at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 13:56:52 EDT 2013

My grandson and I wrestled with replacing the gas tank on my EM a few months ago.    Removing the sway bar and gas tank was fairly easy but I found installing the new tank almost impossible (for me) to accomplish.  After talking to my local club members, I decided to cut out a 5x5 inch opening in the wheel well.  After smoothing the sharp edges around the opening, I found installing the hoses a pretty easy task.  Unlike Mr. Hartzel, I covered the opening with a similarly shaped piece of sheet metal and spray painted the wheel well area with a flat black.  The patch is virtually invisible.  Also, when your laying under the car trying to replace the sway bar (tired, sweaty and now in a hurry to wrap up the project) and it wont quite line up, don't try to force it, turn it around.  At least that worked for me, ha !!!  Frank

Sent from my iPhone