<VV> easier on a lift

Smitty vairologist at cox.net
Tue Jun 25 23:46:27 EDT 2013

Smitty Says.  Several years ago I was buying a new set of tires for the
wagon.  I had another set on the deck in back.  When the guy rolled the car
onto the lift I walked in behind it and the guy says, what are you doing in
here.  I said I just wanted to make sure you positioned the pads properly
because these things are tail heavy.  He said, you aren't allowed in here.
Beside that I have lifted hundreds of cars and haven't dropped one yet.  So
he positioned his pads and lifted the car.  He walked around in back and
pulled down on the  bumper.  The front end immediately rose a foot and a
half in the air.  He pushed up on the bumper and then gingerly turned it
loose to go let the lift down.  The wagon had made up its mind by then that
it wanted to fall off, so the front went up again.  He was holding the car
up with one finger and couldn't leave it.  I stood there leaning against the
door jam of the bay watching him.  He said , do something.  I said you don't
really need help to lift a car do you?  Of course I stepped right up and
lifted on the bumper.  He got it on the ground in a hurry and seemed to be
teed off about something.  He never said a word when I moved the pads back
about 8 inches.