<VV> discovered 62 posi diff snout fractured

Harry Smith harrysmith1957 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 30 17:42:40 EDT 2013

I agree with all Tim has stated and I will add that it is important to be
sure the diff housing is set up properly on the press. Trust me on this
part! You may or may not recall I broke the snout on mine years ago when I
pulled the drivetrain out of my Rampside. About 10 months ago I finally got
around to replacing it. I have worked on diffs before so I have an
understanding of them, taking it apart was easy and I had no problem
pressing out the broken part. I had a NOS snout I got from a member that I
was installing, I had it almost all the way in when it went a little
crooked, I repositioned the press to straighten it, had to put a lot of
pressure on it and promptly snapped the bell housing in half. When I
moved it in the press I failed to support both sides evenly. I found a used
housing from a member and it was a breeze the second time!
Harry Smith
1963 Rampside
Coral Springs, FL

--