<VV> Convertable window

J. R. Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 30 22:21:45 EDT 2013

I leave it zipped and I use a terry cloth towel.  Some (few) zip it out and probably use a towel as well.  A towel can end up leaving small indentations in the window, but do help prevent scratching.  You must be careful to have smooth folds with no sharp angles in the window when you tuck it away.

If you zip and unzip, you can run into zipper problems over time and end up replacing the window and/or the zipper (both sides).

In the end, depending upon how much UP time the top sees in the summer, the window will likely deteriorate and begin to yellow.  A good plastic protectant (applied 2 or 3 times per summer to both sides of the window) will help to slow down the yellowing process.  It is dang near as cheap to replace the top (which comes with a new window) at that point.  We are talking YEARS down the road.

My take is that you should do whatever you feel most comfortable with and face up to a replacement top if you still own the car 20+ years from now.

Later, JR