<VV> Carbs and ID tags

J R Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 3 02:15:43 EST 2013

Copy to VV.

From: J R Read
To: Ramon Rodriguez III
Sent: Sunday, March 03, 2013 1:12 AM
Subject: Carbs and ID tags

BTW - I don't have a decoder ring for those tags, but it appears to me that most of them start with 702 and that the number following the 702 is the year.  So, a 7024XXX is a '64 carb - 7025XXX is a '65, etc.  I think '68 and '69 both used 7028XXX.  '60 and '61 start out with 701 and they don't seem to follow that year marker pattern.  Turbo carbs seem to all start with 38 and also have a different pattern.

Just my observations, no real proof.  I'm also sending to VV as someone there likely has more info than I do.

I was looking at one this evening that was a primary carb - 7025XXX and also had a backward letter F punched out of it.  I have no idea what that is about.

Later, JR