<VV> Lifter Question

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 20:36:05 EST 2013

Bob, and to add to the confusion factor, I ran my original 62 Corvair
at 1\4 lash for over 220k miles With original style lifters, which have
a wider adjustment range available due to design.

In essence, the reason for the difference is in lifter design. In both
cases, the respective turns in puts the lifter within its operating
range.

I have adjusted valves cold, and I have adjusted valves running, and
the only sure way to get it right is to do your best job cold, start
the engine and adjust them running. That is the only sure way of
knowing what the lash is.
Mark Durham
Sent from my Windows Phone