<VV> LM - windshield & backligh sealer/adhesive

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Tue Mar 12 00:03:15 EDT 2013

Backlight is the real name  for that piece of glass at the rear of the
car. The opposite of a windshield. It is tempered glass on most cars
since the late 50s, whereas the windshield is laminated glass.

This term is glass industry nomenclature.

People on this forum use "rear windshield", which doesn't make any sense
unless they drive in reverse all the time! ggg

"Rear windshield" would be more correct for the second windshield of a
dual cowl phaeton. Google that term if you haven't seen one.

Frank DuVal