<VV> OT--City Names / humor

Steven J. Serenska corvair at serenska.com
Tue Mar 12 18:21:47 EDT 2013

VVers:

When I used to make the 4-5 hour drive up to college, I would pass
through a tiny dot on the map named "Stephentown, New York" (not too far
from Albany).  I always used to smile when I saw the sign at the town line:

   WELCOME
TO THE ONLY
STEPHENTOWN
  ON EARTH

No possibility of confusion there...

Corvair Content: Stephentown, NY is not all that far from both Clark's
Corvair Parts and Cotrofeld's.  The drive to Clarks would take about an
hour from Stephentown and follows along the Mohawk Trail.  The Mohawk
Trail is a really great Corvair road with many turns, including the
locally famous Hairpin Turn in Clarksburg, Mass
(http://www.cardcow.com/images/set371/card00280_fr.jpg).

Steven "if only they'd spelled 'Stephen' differently" Serenska

P.S. These links confirm the memory:
http://stephentowngenealogy.com/stephentownsigns.jpg ,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephentown,_New_York