<VV> HELP: Apparent Electrical Issue

hallgrenn at aol.com hallgrenn at aol.com
Thu Mar 14 17:30:08 EDT 2013

I'll bet you've got more accessories (i.e. more load) on your system than when it was built.  That said the red wire at the engine firewall connection is the first place I'd look.  I'll bet you'll see signs of overheating.  Bridging that connection with a new connector outside the block worked for me on my '64 Greenbrier.  I also had a problem after I bridged it that was completely new to me--the wrapped wiring bundle about two feet toward the front of the Gbrier (in front of the firewall harness)had been rubbing slowly on the suspension frame for decades and the red wire grounded itself there.  Everything was working fine the night before and everything was dead the next morning.  Took a couple of hours to find that one.

Bob