<VV> two two-barrels

mike & bev mann vair65 at sisna.com
Tue Mar 19 11:11:21 EDT 2013

On 3/18/13, Sethracer at aol.com <Sethracer at aol.com> wrote:
> How about a pair of TWM throttle bodies - replacing IDA  Weber 2-barrels -
> non-progressive down draft models, with an EFI system to  limit the
> air-speed damage of opening all throttle bodies together? Both a  throttle
> position
> sensor and a mass airflow feed could be used. Hmmm. -  Seth

which is why i like my old (1986) aftermarket efi system which uses a
center mount 4 barrel throttle body with 4 injectors and a air mass
sensor on a turboed 140. the air flowing past the "hot wire" in the
sensor controls the amount of fuel delivery. off of boost the delivery
rate is much smaller than when on boost and it's all done
automatically. while ic's and etc are much better than the resistors
and capacitors that i have in the ecu it still works. there is a
slight delay in the transition from off to on boost according to the
fast monitoring system we use it's not long enough to cause a lot of
harm and much faster than a water injection system can react. the
throttle body openings are non progressive which doesn't seem to hurt
a thing as the total fuel requirement is set by the amount of air
going thru the air mass sensor-mike mann